Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:11 AM   #1

Default Please HELP!

Thank you to the people who have replied to my other posts. The critiques always help and I took it to heart!

However, I have a new passion in the photography world, model photography. I've had several shoots both male and female and have chosen a couple samples. My question is:

Once I become a lot better and decided to take this to the next level, maybe studio work or paid models, what do I do with the photos in order to get my name out there or become a "professional model photographer"?

I have read some articles online but I'm still in need of help.
Attached Images

MauricioCamposP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2013, 2:41 PM   #2

G'day Mauricio

The short answer to your main question is "follow Tiger Woods"
I do not mean to be rude here - but TW often tells other golfers that he's as good as he is via 'practice - practice - practice in all sorts of weathers and all sorts of locations'

If you wish to join the other 25,000 people trying to make a living from your photography, then by all means go for it. BUT please also realise that 24,999 of those have been doing this for some time and have lots of experience from practice - practice - practice

Good equipment is only half the issue - an excellent & creative eye makes [or breaks] the image.

You are also up against the one-million well-kitted-out amateurs who also have the same sort of camera you are likely to be using, who are happy to give away copies of their images purely for the recognition from a pat-on-the-back

So - go for it mate !!

cc on your images ...
#1 ~ very busy to look at - the grasses I'm not sure if they visually help or not. The image is not sharp - the face does not show the critical sharpness needed for 'professional' results

#2 ~ one of thousands like this I have seen over the years - yes she / you have good eye contact. Sharpness is not there again
Also, watch out for bra straps breaking the fabric line for the dress / blouse, and make sure that the feet / boots are all in the photo

Hope this all helps
Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote