Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 18, 2013, 1:58 AM   #1

Default Dying Flower

I captured a few flowers while in a park and wanted to get suggestions on a few of them but its always better to have one photo critiqued instead of many.

This one particularly interested me, as the flower was already in a state of fading and falling due to extreme hot climate.
Would like to have your critique here.

Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2013, 8:07 AM   #2

Its a nice close-up, you got great separation from the background both with color and with depth of field. also well composed.

I feel the focus is a tad off, with focus being half way down the "style" (yellow tube part of the flower). it feels like focus should be at the top of this or on the anther (red parts at the top that produce pollen).
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2013, 1:51 AM   #3

I'm really glad you liked the captured image. This was taken from the 55-250mm lens and I was close to the flower, there was less light so I had to increase the ISO to 1000 and hence you can see some pixelation in the image.

You are right about the focus, I focused at the yellow part and never realized the fact that it would have made the scene completely different if I had focused on the upper part, i.e., the pollen carrying area.

Thanks for pointing it out, as this will make my further pictures on flowers better focused.