Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 15, 2005, 8:59 AM   #1

Hello all, I've been a long time reader here and am looking to improve my skills to eventually progress beyond the amateur level. There area lot of really talented photographers here and hopefully I can benefit from your experience! My background is mostly landscape shots, but lately I've been doing some shooting in nightclubs for local promotion companies.

I had the oppurtunity to shoot this concert last weekend and am looking for any feedback on how to improve these types of shots. I am limited to shooting in available light for the most part, which is constantly variable(stage lighting), so I'm sticking to high ISO, 800-1600. I don't have any chance to pose shots, but I would like to elevate this past the simple candid snapshot level to something more arty.

Maxxum 7D 85mm 1/125 F2.4

20mm 1/90 F2.8, converted to BW

20mm 1/10 F2.8

For those that sell your work: One of the bands is interested in the full size pics that I shot. I've never sold my pictures, how much is not enough? How much is too much? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.(sorry for the long post)

JamesB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links