Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 18, 2005, 1:58 PM   #1

Any suggestions on a stitched Panorama of Downtown Saskatoon, SK, Canada taken on a WinterNight. I tried cleaning it up in PS a little but any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
ryano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2005, 2:32 PM   #2

Well, here in Alberta, I have heard it said that when the last one to leave Sask. finally leaves, would they please remember to turn out the lights. Looks like too many lights, so I guess we're not near that crises yet. Picture could use more size, IMHO, to increase the detail, but very nice attempt, indeed. Nice work. Best regards,

KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 2:49 PM   #3

It looks great and the detail is good too. I'm thinking a little more sky would have been nice for such a wide image.

RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 1:07 AM   #4

Hi Ryano,

Nice panorama night shot! I love it. What camera did you use please tell me your settings.

Quan Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 11:17 AM   #5

Thanks for the kind words. I am quite new to digital photography (only started last Spring) but I really enjoy it. My camera is quite limited in what it can do and is really poor in low light butI try and make the best of what options and features I have. Anyway here are the picture/camera specs:

-Fuji S3000
-Taken using the night mode setting (shutter speed is 3 sec)
-Apperature? (auto)
-Suppressed Flash (none)
-3.2 MP individual photos
-about 2 or 3X optical zoom used
-Pictures are saved as JPEGS
-Used a mini-tripod with the self timer to prevent camera shake
-taken on March 5th, 2005 at about 8pmof Saskatoon's beautiful downtown (as you can see old man winter's grip is still tight in Saskatoon, SK)
-stitched with Panorama Factory (10 individual photos)

In the end the unedited panorama was about 15MP. Sorry I don't have the DCIF info with me but if you would like that I could get it to you. The picture I posted was quite chopped down as I had to make it <250KB. I have a lot of other Panoramas but it is tough to see the full features when you have to chop them down. I posted them on some webspace that I have. They are about 2MB each cut down from the 10 to 5MB uncompressed originals.

Anyway I really enjoy reading other people's reviews to see what they think as well as they go about editing photos.I appreciate any constructive criticism as it makes us all betterphotographers.
ryano is offline   Reply With Quote