Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 19, 2005, 7:32 PM   #1

hi there

I want to sent a photo but I cant manage to resize it as it is its too large. Any ideas~? Caroline
lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2005, 8:23 PM   #2

What software do you have? I use Acdsee and you can easily get a free copy, I think they might have one on their site, but I know some computer magazines include this on their free disk from time to time. But many photo software programs make it just as easy. I think you can do this in Win XP as well, look for emailing photos in the program, that will downsize your pics as well. Most likely this topic will be moved to another forum, so watch for it to pop up elsewhere, as we are not really doing any photo critique here. (yet....that is nudge nudge wink wink but get on that software and we will!) Best regards,

KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 8:32 PM   #3

IrfanView if you are using a PC works well in resizing and also the size of the file.

I can't say what works for Mac.

I use PhotoFiltre for resizing myself.

Both are free by the way.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 1:07 PM   #4

Lola, a very quick and easy way to resize your images for posting on sites such as this one and for sending via email is to use the ImageResizer fromMicrosoft Powertoys for XP.

This puts the option to resize in the 'Right click' context. You just right click any image and choose the size you want from three options. For example, I had a file of 5.78mb, right click on it, choose Resize Pictures, opted for small (fits a 640 x 480 screen), and I get a file of 79kb !!

There are four options, small, medium, large and handheld. It makes a copy of your original with the same name and addsa suffix corresponding to the size.

Only a 521kb download, so a couple of minutes on dial up. I use it a lot.

And the best thing is it's free.

Find it here. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote