Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 16, 2005, 4:40 PM   #11

Tom Overton wrote:
I don't know about the other folks here, but the goat pretty much commands our attention here. someone might quibble about the sheep blending in with the goat's ear, but it is part of the landscape. Lots of character here. I have to say the sky could still use some work; it tends towards purple, which doesn't gel with the saturated grass.

All in all, though, a shot I like.
Tom, thanks for bringing it back to me and my goat. The sky........well I cribbed that off the web and just reduced the saturation and lightened it a little, yes it was worse than this. The grass is only a result of levels adjustments, didn't saturate that one. But my being colour blind doesn't really help :-). Thanks for your comments.

Pretty nice, and sheep and goats go together well. Makes it look more natural. More natural say than a couple of giraffes or a couple lions in the background. No, the sheep give the picture a stamp of autenticity sort of... goat guys expression of tranquility matches the nonchalant grazing of the sheep, so they work well together.
Thanks KENNETH, I have added the original photo to my first post tocompare. Note there are more sheep for your enjoyment. Please don't take that the wrong way :G.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote