Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 4, 2005, 2:58 PM   #21

Ok, I'm sorry you have mistaking my intentions of posting. I did post something personal about myself which was that I too have a cat. Sorry not much else I would like to share at this time.

The other part of the original post was dry humor on how people show a strong disinterest in seeing pictures of people's cats on here. I've even seen people say things like "at first I thought this was just going to be another cat picture thread, so I was about to ignore it...", etc.

Where I, on the other hand, love looking at pictures of cats - and actually siamese being my favorite breed of cat.

Again, I'm sorry you took my posts as attacks of some kind but they weren't.

I hardly think mine is ugly or any cat for that matter, in spirit of the thread I'll share.
Attached Images
Proxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 9:46 PM   #22

Nah, no problem. I love cats too. Taste like chicken.:shock: If'n the Rattlers or Owls don't get 'em first. :-)
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 10:32 PM   #23

I'm Rob Strain, or Sergeant Robert Strain, a military photojournalist. I've been taking pictures all my life but have been serious for roughly two years. I'm 22 and use a Canon EOS 20D with Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 and 70-200mm f/2.8 lenses. At work I use a EOS 1D MkII with 17-40mm f/4L and 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM.
rob_strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 2:24 AM   #24

I've loved photography for years, & about 30 years ago I did an arts degree in it, but didn't take it further.

For the last 12 years or so Ihaven't doneany photography at all. For various reasons I wasn't computer literate either, beyond word processing. Recently I got access to both acamera and computer, and phototoshop elements....big lol .

I come to this forum because most of all I love looking at pix & seeing what people are doing, and chatting with nice people who share the same passion.

Regrettably I ampea brained re digital and computer technology, especially with current technology - but also with old technolgy too. I'm not proud of this but it's a fact.I hope very much to improve as time goes on - & really appreciate the help I've had so far.

Proxes, the stupid pet section of the forum is where it all happens! We love cats there (I just checked yours outBTW - very beautiful...).

P.S. You posted another pic whileI wrote this. Gorgeous!

Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 10:11 AM   #25

Cute enough from that side. The crop could be better though.
I don't think your cat is ugly.
Love, Lonnie
Lonnie Honeycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 10:35 AM   #26

Chris Kayler, just wanted to say, you're work is inspiring. It's stunning.

I"m Ariel, i'm 16, I'm homeschooled and graduating a year early from school to go to college, majoring in photography. I have always had a passion for photography, and just recentlyI began to become more serious about pursuing that. I just purchased the Rebel XT with kit lens as my first camera and i'm about to purchase the canon 50mm f1.8 and the sigma 70-200 f2.8. The Rebel XT is my first camera, although i had an olympus film point and shoot, and I played with my dads old Olympus Film SLR.

the past few months i've really enjoyed looking at different members work in particular Frank Doorhof, Kalypso, KennethD, but i can't name names... there are many members on here that have amazing work.

I'll post a page with some of my photos soon
ATX202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 10:38 AM   #27

Lonnie Honeycutt wrote:
The crop could be better though.
Did you not really like my crop examples Proxes ?.

Just kidding :blah:.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 12:45 PM   #28

I'm torn on the crop for that picture, not sure what I like.

Is this one better?
Attached Images
Proxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 2:49 AM   #29

Ok here I go

Name : Frank Doorhof
Born : 6th May 1971
Prof : PC and Home Theater shop owner
Married with one child

I started photography when I was very very young (don't remember exactly) and stopped for a VERY VERY long time, except the occassional live concert snaps.

I think3 years ago I bought a HP812 for making shots of the Home Theaters we build, quickly followed by the HP850 because I loved it more and more to take pictures from the places I visited.

When Sports came into the picture I decided on the 10D (much faster shutterlag) and in March 2004 I had to enter a workshop for the local Photoclub and decided that modelphotography was the less unintressting .
A few weeks later I bought my own studio setup and started to do model shoots, which I now have been doing arround 14 months.

Since 2005 we are taking it more serious and together with a model and a makeup artist network we are building something that hopefully will become a nice extra income.
Let's see where it strands

As my location:
We now use the whole building of our former PC shop, which moved 100 mtrs further away 5 years ago (wanted it out of the house, the old store had it's own building but was connected to our house, and with parking that was a problem sometimes).

I read alot on the net and fora's and hope by giving critics and getting them to improve my skills.

PERSONALLY I alway's look for a picture with soul, technique is nice and perfection is an aim, but if the shot doesn't have soul it will not be used by me.

Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 1:40 PM   #30

Thanks Ariel

Man, graduating a year early to major in photograpy.. pretty sweet!