Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 6, 2005, 2:36 PM   #31

Alright, i'll jump on board with this one as well.

Name: Travis Swentosky
College plans: Double Major in Information Technology, and Computer Forensics. And take the home study course from the NYI of Photography.
I got into photography when i was about 10 years old with a point and shoot 35mm.

As i got older around 15 and 16, i learned to take photos the old fashioned way with a Canon A-1 35mm, with 50mm, 135mm, and 400mm lenses.

Digital finally took hold at 17 years old, when i purchased a point and shoot 4MP Camera, and then upgraded to my current camera the Canon Digital Rebel.
As for my skill level, i consider myself a Semi-Pro, because of the fact that i do sell a lot of my pictures from highschool sports to the parents of the athletes.

The amount of knowledge i have gained from this website is unbelievable. Photographers like Mr. Doorhof, and Kalypso have provided me much detail on how composistion should be set up.

tswen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 5:05 PM   #32

~My name is Gregory T. Schmidt and I live right in the City of Brotherly Love. Philly's a great place and there is a staggering amountof history here.:shock: I'm sixteen, a junior, and I'm homeschooled. I got into photography around two years ago. My parents got tired of developing my pictures taken from a disposable camera (the photos stunk), so they suggested that i look for a cheap digital. I got a Canon A10 in 2002 whichI used mostly for taking pictures of different events at my church. I got tired of how some of the pictures that I took came out and started looking around at different cameras. After around three months of researchingI settled on the G5. Since I got my G5 I've gained a great deal of photography know how. I'm a die hard fisherman and absolutely love the outdoors. My real desire is to take wildlife photos, which my G5 can't effectively do. I plan on getting the 20D this upcoming fall so I can expand my photography. I'm planning on going into a career where photography will be used. Criminal Justice, Marine Biology, US. Fish And Wildlife, or Wildlife Conservation. Eventually I'd like to get a gallery or website up and running. I have enjoyed reading the many posts and learning new things from all of you~

PhillyPhotographer is offline   Reply With Quote