Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 2, 2005, 3:41 PM   #31

Good luck! Try and find some before it get's too dark!!
Old May 2, 2005, 9:12 PM   #32

Chris, I just came to this thread and really loved your goose photos. I didn't quite understand your exposure illustration - would you be good enough to define the overall scale-ie: what number is black and what is white. You may have done that and I was to thick to understand.
Did you use the beamer on these photos?
Do you have a standartd setup up you basically begin with when using the beamer? I just got one and am getting ready to make my first attempts.
Where I live, Kansas, there are areas where flashing a light at deer is considered hazing the animals and can be construed as poaching by the local game wardens. It is kind of a gray line. Be sure you check before you shoot, and better yet, if you can meet the local warden, you may be better for it. Other parke areas are OK to shoot pretty much any time.
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 1:54 PM   #33

I don't quite understand your question about exposure, could you explain a bit more what you're looking for?

I did use the BB for these photos. I set the flash to 50mm manually, and usually start with a flash compensation of -1 2/3rds.. but you need to understand that every different shot depending on existing lighting, the tonality of the subject, and the distance you are from the subject will all affect how you should set your flash.

"flashing a light at deer", i'm almost certain.. means using strobes at night-time.. which is the way many poachers work as you said.