Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 2, 2005, 9:26 PM   #1

~Is this shot too "straight on"? I was thinking of maybe a different angle? I'm prettypleased with it though.:-D Shot in RAW. Let 'em fly.:blah:~

Attached Images
PhillyPhotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2005, 10:03 PM   #2

It's good to see you posting here.

I'll throw in my two cents worth...

I personally prefer to see a bit more pop in photos of flowers, and like a slightlybrighter look, even if it's not totally natural (and even if I blow the highlights a bit). I guess that'sone of the things I find appealing in flowers (lots ofbright color, with more highlights visible).

But, from previous threads, I knowthat many membersseem to prefer a softer, more muted look. So, don't expect everyone to go along with I like. ;-)

This is more towards what I'd have in mind (but I can understand if others differ, as this kind of thing is very subjective). IOW, I suspect that most members are going to like itthe way it is. It's hard to have it both ways in the same photo of flowers (brighter, withoutsome highlights being a tad too hot).
Attached Images
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 3:43 PM   #3

I like the straight on angle that you have here. It works well for this flower.

I like the mood of the lighting that you've captured here. I do not agree that this needs a lot of pop as Jim describes. It really doesn't have a lot of pop in it's natural environment. Some flowers you'll see from a great distance and others aren't seen until we get up close. You could bump up the highlights a tad, but exposure looks fine otherwise.

RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 9:50 PM   #4

I think the straight on flower works here because the flower and branch are on angles.Would like more pop but some flowers just dont have it.Like the whole pic,post some more.

Striderxl is offline   Reply With Quote