Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 3, 2005, 10:08 PM   #1

I was able to follow this 1 into the woods and it didnt run.I got with in about 30 ft before my batteries died on my Olympus 3040.Was able to get to about 25 feet but no camera.I was lucky enough that this was taken in late afternoon.Hope to go back again soon.

Striderxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2005, 1:19 AM   #2

I love the way the dear is framed by out of focus branches in
the foreground. Great shot, I guess you could say lucky but a lot of luck is in being prepared.
Lonnie Honeycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 10:37 AM   #3

Hey, Charlie... thanks for the input. Really helps to see others attempts at this. I know the photos I posted were lacking, and tho I've shot better, I liked posting them for illustration of the problems I encounter. I'm impressed at the response, and it's nice to see shots like this. Now once I get clear of Mother's day...I'll be off to try my luck again. Seems like every time I almost get the keys in the ignition, I'm reminded of a birthday, social event, or special day coming up. Man...it's not easy to get away even when you're retired! Best regards,

KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 5:30 PM   #4

Nice shot Carlie. A few suggestions and opinions... seeing the eye almost always helps in wildlife shots, and I think a more parellel view of the deer with the eye visible while feeding would improve it. Also, I don't know if you shot through the branches on purpose, but they don't do anything for me... just take away from the deer in my opinion.

Where in NY was this taken? You should take a trip down to Shenandoah National Park here in VA, amazing deer shots possible. I've gotten more than a few using my 50 1.8 :shock: