Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 31, 2005, 11:26 PM   #1

I was at my daughter's softball game the other night, sitting along the 1st baseline behind the backstop. I had not intended on taking any shots through the mesh as I thought it would be too distracting. However, my camera was already on and a runner was trying to steal home so I grab this shot. It seems to work as a square on the mesh perfectly frames the runners face. Any thoughts on shooting through obstacles such as this?
Attached Images
Narcis Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2005, 4:40 PM   #2

It's tough to get a good shot through a fence. You could try to press the lens up against the fence opening. If you have a small digicam, often you will be able to fit the lens through the opening. I would crop this a little tighter to eliminate the ump (..not a flattering view of him:-).) and coaches and players in the background. For sports if you can shoot in shutter priority at the fastest speed possible to stop action..1/250 or better. Also try to get the ball and/or the base in the frame so the viewer can make his/her own out or safe call. Colors are a little washed out. Baseball games are great shooting opportunities so shoot as much as you can. Despite some shortcomings with the image, this pic will be a lot of fun to look back at and it documents fun times in your childs life!!!
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote