Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Aug 27, 2005, 8:00 AM   #1

Folks I have been away rethinking my photography. Being a beginner its a struggling learning the myriad ofphotographic details.

Little flower: I was interested more in the colour contrast.Will appreciate any other comment.

Shooting details:
Canon EOS 350D DIGITAL,Manual Exposure,Shutter Speed1/8, Av 8.0,Evaluative Metering mode, ISO200, Lens105.0mm, Focal Length,105.0mm, White Balance Mode Auto.

A bit of editing with ArcSoft Photostudio to enhance the colours.

I need to assure you that I am beginning to see the difference. Particular thanks to Hards80. He shoots straight.:-)

Attached Images
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2005, 1:04 PM   #2

Did you boost your saturation alot? The stems have a reddish glow around them, perhaps that is their natural color? I read your other post on softness with macros, are you using a tripod? I use 1/64 sec, and can only go down to a 3.4, but here is an example. Also, are you shooting in low light and using autofocus?
Attached Images
johnsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2005, 2:27 PM   #3
Super Moderator

is this on a tripod aumma? its just a bit soft..

if you are using a tripod and still have troubles, watch the plant, if there is any wind, it can cause the plant to move and thus blur it as well.. if you have wind, you will have to bump your shutter speeds to compensate..

the composition i like on this.. i like the fact that the flower is cutting the frame at a diagonal, gives it some dynamicism.. the only thing composition-wise for me is the background.. i would have preferred to have the background completely green from the leaves, i think this would have contrasted better with the pinkish flower...

Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote