Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 7, 2005, 6:26 PM   #1

Hello all, this is my first post, so be gentle with me!

Finally got round to buying a Digicam, a Casio EX-P600 - really pleased with it in most respects, but the macro not too impressive. Looked at various ways of enhancing this mode but was initially put off by the expense and apparent complexity, when Ispotted a couple of forum discussions that mentioned homemade macro setups. I had an old Practika lens in bits anyway, so started to mess about with tubes, pipes, lenses and sticky tape to try and get something I could use. Eventually I just stuck a lens almost flush on the front of my Casio lens with some Blu-tak.

I was absolutely amazed by the results! The difference in magnification was incredible. The lens I used was a perfect fit at 34mm diameter, witha flat side to the camera and convex shape about 4mm deep.

Sorry the subject matter isn't more interesting than my wife's earring - honestly it IS my wifes!

The first shot is taken in Macro mode at full telephoto, on a mini-tripod in the kitchen by lamplight, the second exactly the same but with the lens stuck on. I have brightened and re-sizes both images in Elements 3.

What do you think of a) the photos and b) the technique?

Attached Images
steveasub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2005, 11:31 AM   #2

I don't know if it's just me and my computer, but I only see one photo, which I believe is the orginal w/o the added lens.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 12:22 PM   #3

Sorry about that - I think I'm missing something obvious, but I couldn't see how to add two photos into one post, so I added the second immediately after with the same title.

steveasub is offline   Reply With Quote