Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 7, 2005, 4:23 AM   #1

So my first hobby (which does make me money!! :-)) is DJing. Last night I worked a party and took the camera along with me. I managed to get the attached shot (well amongst many others!) but I kind of liked this one. I used shutter priority with a flash and a 2.5 second exposure... it was something for me for fun but also just playing around and thought I would share...

So does anybody else take club shots? I just love the way that the lights fly around the room and off the dancers bodies....

Attached Images
DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2005, 8:23 AM   #2

I dont' take club shots per se.

Nice shot!

Maybe better to blur the background a little more. The window frames in the backgrond are a little distracting.

You could probably study those French artists who painted the French bohemia club scenes in the late 1800's, and infuse that style into your shots.

-- Terry

terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2005, 1:44 PM   #3

Thanks for the comment. To be honest I wouldnt have thought to look at paintings for inspiration - will check them out...

The background... am not sure what I can do about that as I have to use a long exposure for the blurring... also I dont have any choice of lens as I am on a fixed thing.

Appreciate your comments.
DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2005, 2:12 PM   #4
Super Moderator

i think its a rather cool shot.. as one that enjoys the club scene.. i think you have captured the energy quite well... i would keep experimenting with this type of shot.. i mean you are there already, you might as well take a few snaps while dj'n.. experiment with different exposure lengths, different flash techniques, and compositions... could be a fun little project while you are at work anyways..

Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote