Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 20, 2005, 6:19 AM   #21

The tree distraction to me is secondary as your best composition is with it cropped out anyway.

This last one is not too bad. I still feel that everything on the left of this photograph up to Laurens right ear is dead space. Not required and deteriorates from the best composition available. On the right side of the photograph you can crop as wide or shallowas you like, providing the crop doesn't come tight in to the face on that side.

The crop tool is the most powerful editing tool of all. It can make a good photo great and from nothing something.

8x10 printsare determining your crop, this is understandable. However I would think about trimming the 8x10 photograph on return if you go with this last one (up to the right hand ear)and finding an appropriate framing solution, to bring out its best compositional aspects. Or find a frame you like with mount included (lots of bargains out there) and crop to suit.

Plus as mentioned before - it solves your problem over the tree distraction.

LBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 2:28 PM   #22

Did u try the face alone. It looks really impressive. When u crop out the sides it kinda brings out the face and the expressions are great. The mouth expression shows up when u try just the face. U may want to even crop the bottom part a bit. I am not sure whether i can use these picture and try cropping. So i tried and found it impressive and deleted the same because of copy right fears:roll:

Just a thought

waste is offline   Reply With Quote