Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 2, 2005, 9:56 AM   #1

My first attempt at a panoramic shot. This is 5 images stitched together. Sort of a diminishing sidewalk perspective. The details in the actual image are pretty clear. File size on the actual was about 9500x2800 (14.5 megs!)

Anyway, comments, and criticisms please. I wasn't sure about cropping off the top of the buildings in the center, but if I left them in, it seemed like the sky was the majority of the photo.
Attached Images
hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2005, 10:10 AM   #2

unfortunetely I think cropping out the buildings take away from this shot. Your eye folows the path to the buildings then up, but there is nothing there. Lets see the uncropped version.
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 10:37 AM   #3

The picture was canted a little to the left. I straightened it out below, but had to lose a bit more of the tops of the buldings. If you want to go back to your original, you could rotate the picture, then crop it without losing that height. In my nonprofessional opinion, you should keep a little sky up top. I used ACDsee 8.

Attached Images
Striver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 12:01 PM   #4

The path leads your attention to the buildings so have the whole building there. Hopefully you have a version from which you can get the tops back.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 5:30 PM   #5
Super Moderator

there are some great panoramic opportunities at millenium park.. so i am not sure why you chose this particular scene, and yes, if the building were your subject, dont cut them off.. i was thinking maybe putting the shiny bean thing one one third and then use the pano to take in the crowd around it.. or even the two waterfall face things could be used in a pano shot with the crowd around it.. something with some interest, some ppl..

Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote