Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 2, 2005, 6:46 PM   #1

Trying my hands atsome artistic photo's. Let me know what you think.

Canon S1 IS
Attached Images
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2005, 8:38 PM   #2

Canuck....I hate to sound negitive but I think the trash in the alley ruined the shot...
You might try a different angle to show less alley and more wall...Adding some depth of field to blur the bars a bit and showing the graffiti in focus might be an option to...
John at the Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 9:13 PM   #3
Super Moderator

there is too much extraneous things going on here.. the fence, the trash, etc.. but not much in the way of main interest... as shot, the graffiti just doesn't hold the viewers attention well as its not a strong enough subject to be the main interest.. maybe if there was a homeless person grasping the rails and peering through them at us, or something, this setting would work, but the setting alone isn't a picture..

that said, i appreciate your effort to branch out into new things.. as always, when trying something new, there is an early phase which is mostly trial and error.. so don't be disheartened.. i guarantee your next set will be improved.. and i look forward to your next posting..

Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 11:54 PM   #4

on the otherside, if u have both the walls with the thrash, it would be quite interesting..i liked the thrash, the graffitti and the setting...sometimes it just shows the raw downtown experience in NewYork particularly..

As i say its my view point..All i would say is the focus is pretty lost and could have made better...

but the thrash just takes me to those streets..

waste is offline   Reply With Quote