Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 3, 2005, 2:37 AM   #1

I posted these pictures in the landscape forum, but I want some more feedback and tips, so I'm posting them here also.

Go easy on me, I'm still a beginner, I have only had my D50 for a month.

MrWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 3, 2005, 5:17 PM   #2
Super Moderator

you are definately on the right track if you have only been at this for the past few months.. normally in this forum, as it is one of the rules here, we post 1 picture per thread in order to get concise focused comments on each photo.. its ok, just for future reference..

i am really a big fan of the last 3 shots.. the colors are excellent and your compositions are good.. keep doing more of this kind of work and you will be a great landscaper in no time.. you may consider doing a little more post processing though.. open up the shadows just a tad and increase your saturation.. then give them a nice moderate unsharp mask..

good intro, look forward to tracking your progress..

Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2005, 4:07 AM   #3

Thank you for the feedback.

Number 3 is my favourite, I printed it out on an A4, all I need is a good frame for it and it'll end up on my wall.

I must add that I'm not all that unfamiliar with photography. I have been shoting for a year or so, but only with borrowed P&S cameras, and I've never used anything but the automatic settings on them.
I managed to get some really good shots from Austria when I was there in June this year with a borrowed Fuiji Finepix S5000, and then the photo bug bit me good.

I haven't really thought about what I'm shooting until I got my D50, before that I just raised the camera and took a picture. Now I try to figure out the best settings and composition before I shoot. Still very hard though.

I have some of my Austia photos in another thread here on the forum if you like to see them. Here's the direct link:

MrWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2005, 6:28 AM   #4

i love your 3rd and last image. absolutely awesome, very inspiring i want to go out and take some landscapes justafter looking at your work

really beautiful stuff
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote