Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 21, 2005, 1:23 AM   #11
Super Moderator

the biomechanics comes in because i am looking at the shoudler pain following CVA from a mechanical perspective.. rather than just chalk it up to a neurological problem and forget the mechanics... look at it the same way you look at an orthopedic shoulder.. the theory, and our prelim data backs this up, is that these patients have decreased scapular (shoulder blade) control, particularly lacking in upward rotation and posterior tipping, which are known causes of shoulder impingement (or rotator cuff impingement).. also with decreased scapular control is a reduced ability to use the rotator cuff muscles, which just exacorbates this problem.. so basically their shoulder is not unlike an orthopedic shoulder.. it is just a much more severe case because of their poor neurological activity...

yes, that is the short version.. hehe..

Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 1:29 AM   #12

My cholcolate Labrador suffers with osteochondrosis - kinda similar?.

Cool Phd Dustin, All the best with it. Anything that can relieve pain and suffering is a winner.

Nice site too. Thumbnails are a little hard to see though.
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 2:40 AM   #13

Hey Dustin,

Site looks good - other than that mentioned by the very web savvy Terry, I noticed that the options hyperlink produces a strange box over your name and not too much else! I am running XP sp2 IE6 - sorry dont use Firefox or Opera!

DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote