Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 28, 2005, 9:01 AM   #11

I like Dom's edit. Of course, the original photo gave him something good to work with.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 5:37 AM   #12

Thanks, LadyHawkVA...

I'm now encouraged enough to consider a rehash. I wonder if a graduated fade under the ripple effect might be possible, increasing the illusion. It might be good to have the bottom of the pond show through at the base of the image - maybe have some interesting bits and bobs down there. I'd quite like to add a shimmer to the water, some reflected light. But I need to have a look at some real situations again to get an idea of how it looks. It's funny how when you get into doing Photoshop fakes, you realise that you haven't really looked at what you are actually seeing at all...

Trouble is, I quite like it as it is, with the border gone and the curves stuff added by Dom...
shambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:26 PM   #13
Super Moderator

ok.. i like the idea.. and its an overall pleasing image...

afew things..

1) saturation is over-the-top, the green's are no longer natural and lifelike and now you have a strange color cast to the tree trunks as well.. a little less or a more selective saturation boost would work better

2) the circled areas need some work, they blend seemlessly which really shows they were photoshopped and look rather strange..

3) the line, you need something to seperate the reflection from the real... never do you really see the reflection lead directly to the real object.. usually there is a small area where the angle of the viewer to the watercauses the reflection to fade and end..

thanks for sharing,
Attached Images
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote