Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 31, 2005, 12:18 PM   #11

I have learned that...

1) Dustin is both very intelligent with regards to photography and also very sculpted and makes me feel pretty inadequate...!

2) Syd smokes dried banana skins...

3) LBoy is HOT!

4) Seriously folks... i only joined recently and have already learned so much already from some lovely people... it is a nice community of different people from different cultures that we have here - and it is nice to see so many people sharing a common interest. Also I think that it is fair to say that most of the regulars on here have made great advances with both technique and results.

I hope that some of my pictures and comments have made people smile and laugh and you have enjoyed looking at them as much as I have posting them.

Happy new year gang! :bye:

DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 12:57 PM   #12
Super Moderator

I have learned so much about photography this year that it's hard to know what I learned where.

Certainly though the ability to post photos here and get sensible feedback is amazing. It's like being a member of a great photography club - even if you don't have one near you.

It's also great to have so many other photos to think about, from those with obvious problems to those better than anything you do yourself. Even really amazing photographers need to get feedback.

Special thanks to Dustin for his unflagging energy and to Lboy for her inspiring work and frankly gorgeous avatars.

Happy New Year everyone.
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 7:58 AM   #13

Hards80 wrote:
dale made a great point
SEE ! ! ! Even Dustin learns.

Which is another great point to make as others have stated above. Even good photographers learn here.

PS: "Some folks ain'tlearnt nut'n." Alfalfa "Our Gang" Circa 1935.
thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 8:24 PM   #14

All I can say is WOW! I just actually joined this forum today 1-2-06. I have been searching for a few months to replace an old digital camera, which I use in my Real Estate business and for family photos but, I am quite the novice at photography!

But today, I learned much more than my research for a new camera. I learned about a place where people really care about helping each other learn and improve their skills. I am really excited about purchasing a new camera ( Canon A620, soon) and learning more than I ever thought I even wanted to about photography! I know this is a place I will visit quite often from now on, and I am very excited about learning so much more.

Thanks to all, I got such great vibes, and warm feelings visiting here today!

Want It
Want It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 2:34 AM   #15

Welcome to the party Want it.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 6:24 AM   #16

Hi & welcome Want It (me too &for a while now:G)

You'll find expert advice here and your skill will develop in leaps and bounds - just learn to ignore any advice offered by Syd or myself as it will either be second hand, ill informed or in bad taste (largely due to an affinity we have for bananas).

Post something soon. :|
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 6:36 AM   #17

I have learnt that this is an amazing forum and I am glad to be able to take part. I am enjoying getting back into photography after such a long absence.

This is the place to be when not behind the camera, or on the computer editting, or playing with my kids, or spending quality time with my wife, or working, or.....Heck this is the place to be when I have spare time!:-)
shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote