Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 9, 2006, 9:56 AM   #11

i see the composition here as an overall improvement for you.....i agree that the background kind of ruins it. the stamen and the fence are competing with each other so it ends up looking too busy. i like the angle you tried to get. the flower is a little soft and washed out in my opinion. i think you are going in the right direction though, just keep shooting
julies517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 10:29 AM   #12
Super Moderator

i really like the idea here.. you have a good strong line from the pistil.. but your background distracts.. its not so much the fence as the blotchy pieces of sky, the lines from those distract from the lines of the flower which deemphasizes the form of the flower..

i think had you moved your camera to the right just a bit and then shot a little more at angle towards the flower, you would have had more of an open sky as a backdrop with less lines from teh leaves and fence to compete with, and also would have inlcuded a bit more of the flower itself..

as i have said i appreciate the thought you put into the composition, doing so with every shot is the best way to improve.. look forward to more..

Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 7:24 PM   #13

Thank you everyone for your great replies. I've never had so many for one of my photos. I've learned allot here with you criticisms. Going to have to carry some back grounds in my camera bag for such occasions.

One last pic to show what I had to work with. Don't judge the quality of this pic though <g>.

Old Jim is offline   Reply With Quote