Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 19, 2006, 8:44 AM   #11

OMG that freaks me out!

I've seen that guy probably every other day for 10 years and have NEVER seen him without his glasses... now I'm GLAD I've had this long without the eyesore (pun intended).

And yes, i was unable to get out of the wedding, but then I was able to rope in another friend of ours who works at the nice upscale photography studio in town, so it helpped a ton. It was VERY dark in there. The only light was supposed to pour through stain glass, but it was a cloudy day. We had some strobes set up, and honestly, they weren't all winners for sure... but they were more than happy with what they got. I'm still trying to get around to editing the video.

Long story short, ANOTHER friend roped me in a month or two later. I was way more nervious about this one, but it turned out ok and was my first real paying gig. That one was tough, because she was as pale as can be, blonde hair, white dress... he has dark hair, olive skin and a dark tux. Man, I never thought I'd have to be thinking about all this stuff!

Anyway, this is another photo from the wedding I liked. Just a candid shot of the best man (another good friend) standing outside and catching a smoke before the ceremony.

*edit: and yes, i asked here and got about 20 posts in an hour, all telling me to run away and become a monk... it wasn't THAT bad, but just because both weddings i did were very laid back events of friends who I also knew had laid back families. If that weren't the case, I wouldn't have even considered it.

Attached Images
Luxowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2006, 12:10 PM   #12

I like that picture apart from the technical imperfections, I think it is very nice, it captures the moment, and the most important reason of all I think, is that the couple likes it. Great Job!

LT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2006, 12:46 PM   #13

man, that sad shot of the best man makes it look like hes giong to a funeral instead of a wedding. Then again, maybe they arent so different....... :shock:
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote