Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:30 AM   #1
Super Moderator

I didn't like what was below the outcrop, so I just tilted the camera up until I liked what I saw.

It's an unusual composition, but I quite like it.

What do you think?
Attached Images
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:58 AM   #2

just to much dead space for me. maybe if there was something of interest up there, maybe some more clouds or something. Perhaps a nice frame though would cap the space and make it more appealing.
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 9:48 AM   #3

i see what you were going for. just think you need a more defining point of interest down below for this to work for everyone. individual interest for locals...sure.
LBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 3:06 AM   #4

i agree to much dead space... i still newbie in photography but i think the Rule of third doesnt. show here. thanks for sharing

scorpionfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 6:12 AM   #5

Peripathetic, I do not presume to see what you saw. Indeed unsual composition. With your permission. I think this is a very nice shot. Solution for that dead space, crop but that in no way diminishes the excellence of this shot in terms of clarity, colours, sharpness, artistic flair, etc. Regards. Jaki.
Attached Images
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 2:17 PM   #6

I'm going to have to disagree with these comments as I think the dead space really works here. Not necessarily within this post as the image is too big for the screen but opening it in another window maks it look good.

I was up in the Drakensburg when I was over there on holiday -a lovely part of the world, and I hope to be going back at Christmas.
frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 2:36 PM   #7
Super Moderator

i rather like the composition, the deadspace works rather well for me.the exposure is good and it conveys a nice sunny feeling to it. the only thing that sort of bothers me is that the foreground here is still so distant it feels a bit weird. i cant really put it into words, just the for-part of the image feels unfinished.

Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 3:59 PM   #8

Could be my monitor, but it looks over sharpened and too contrasty. Having said that, I'm aware that often the photo commented on may never haven been touched, so chalk it up to JMO (just my opinion...hey is that a new one?) Best regsrds,

KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote