Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 8, 2006, 2:22 AM   #11

Hards80 wrote:
the lighting and presentation is great in shot #2. i kind of agree with the weir squatting stance, maybe a bit tighter crop would alleviate this though. and just a shade more dof to get the eyes sharp.

i must say that i really have enjoyed this dog portrait set. once you get the depth of field perfect these are going to be calendar quality shots.
Wow! thanks there is some incentive to keep at it, really appreciate that.

Big thing for me is also getting some more equipment! as these shots were taken with natural light from a window with Murphy sat on a brown sofa and on the floor etc so have had to do a bit of ps work to get him on the white background.

Pretty soon will have a small studio set up in my loft, can't wait for some proper backgrounds and lighting.

Also seen a few posts lately questioning the purpose and what people should/shouldnt be saying on here. For me the tips I have received to help my technique and the critiques both positive and negative will all help me get better!

Thanks everyone.

oh and the squatting thing! he is sat on the arm of a sofa leaning to look out of the window! NOT taking a woopsie!
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2006, 9:58 PM   #12

if your intent is to transgress weakness, than you choose higher angles. A dog like this one does not deserve it. Unless you're trying to get me to adopt this dog dont show me these pictures......

hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote