Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:09 PM   #11

This is a very nice picture. Vibrant Colors, and sharp.

LT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 6:07 AM   #12

Thank you all for your comments. I think I could have come up with a better title though. It was one of those thoughts I could not let go of as I was taking a number of shots of this frog.

I have to admit that this pic was more good luck than good management or planning.

I went outside to have a smoke and there was the frog climbing up the inside of the bucket. So I rushed back inside and picked up the P'n'S. I then sat down next to the bucket and shot in macro. I was very lucky in the fact that the bucket was a very complimentary color.

The only things I did in post processing was enhance the color at the front of the bucket a little (as it was faded), a high pass sharpen and once thru noise ninja. Then finally saved for web use.

I don't know if this would be pushing things, but is it worth putting in POTD. I know it is a quick snapshot and is not in the calibre of a lot of photos.

IMO, it shows that sometimes it is not necessary to have the most expensive or highest megapixels to get a decent picture. Plus I think that it has reaffirmed for me that I should keep my P'n'S handy even when I do get my camera back, you just never know when you will need it. I used to do the same thing when I worked for several newspapers (long long ago) in a pocket of my vest or in my kit was a compact ready to shoot.
shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote