Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 26, 2006, 7:59 AM   #1

I took this at my son's school yesterday. Lousy quality - had just stopped raining and awful grey sky. Interested whether the diminishing perspective of the three sentinelsis obvious or not - the clock tower, the statue of David (& Goliath's head) and thesecurity guard.The security guard seems to me to reflect something of thenonchalance of the statue.
Attached Images
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2006, 8:21 AM   #2

Love the idea, what's wierd to me is, because the security guard is leaning that way, somehow everything else in the picture also looks curved(the tower looks curved in towards the middle of the picture), and not at a proper horizontal. I think ifyou were planning this shot, the guard being a little closer to the Statue, and you take one step to the left and a lower camera angle, it would've bene more obvious. Just my thoughts.

LT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 8:40 AM   #3

I think you need to emulate the effect of a T&S lense using Photosop for this to work. As mentions the tilt of the guard and clock tower detract from the message you are trying to convey. I would try it again on a better day ( blue sky with clouds! ). The sky seems blown out rather than grey. A graduated ND filter might have helped here.

Interesting subject material none the less. Thanks for sharing.
RedRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 9:06 AM   #4

I see humour written in light(photos+grapho) in your shot.
You captured a thought-provoking contradiction which I sometimes witness at museums or archeological sites and learned to laugh about! By the way thanks for your reminder about the identity of the statue, otherwise I could hardly
recognize it.
I bet you could not care much about the image quality issue much, as it had to be a candid one! I wonder if you had a few words with him after the shot?:-)
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote