Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 10, 2006, 3:22 PM   #1

Hello. Ive had my R200 for a while now. I have a CIS by JLW and i use the regular grade dye ink. Ive noticed that when I print if i have images containing small text they seem fine when first printed but even after a week or two the small text slowly fades. (it doesnt fade if its on a white background. Ive never had any problems with this before and its now lately occuring. I was wondering if it is the ink or if it is something wrong with my r200. Is there anything I can do to improve this?

Thank you for your time.

kenjii
Kenjii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2006, 4:32 PM   #2

It sounds like the paper you are using with that ink is the problem.

Al
Big_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2006, 4:38 PM   #3

Ive never had problems with this paper before with this ink combination...but i could try using a different type...I leave my R200 on all the time because otherwise it does clean cycles alot...could this be part of the issue? thanks
Old Sep 11, 2006, 4:13 AM   #4

Look at the print with a good loupe -- if new print looks clearer than the older faded one then there's your answer.

To me it sounds like porous paper and slow-drying ink.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 8:56 PM   #5

Loupe? sorry if im a newbie about this. As for the paper i was using it for years (Kirkland photo glossy paper) and had no previous problems until i got my r200. I used to have a r300 but it broke. The ink dries very quickly for me it seems. Could laying the prints on the floor for several weeks before cutting to frame have to do with part of the problem?
Old Sep 12, 2006, 7:31 PM   #6

Loupe? decent magnifier that will show you the edges of individual dots.

If the ink isn't drying fast enough, the printer is laying too much on or the paper is too porous and the ink is spreading you'll be able to see what's happened.

R200 and R300 mechanisms are identical -- difference between the two printers are only that the 300 has card reader etc. and changed firmware to handle the extra hardware.

Laying prints on the floor is probably asking for trouble, many floors are damp.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 10:51 PM   #7

it is quite strange...when i print them at first they arnt blurry at all but then it changes over time..i will have to check with a loupe and see whats going on..the entire thing has me puzzled and not printing lately..

could i have burned the print heads off by leaving it on all the time? or cause some other problem