Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 14, 2006, 9:15 PM   #1

The memory card reader on my printer does not work. When you insert a card the led light's up and a message appears for a few seconds on the printer's lcd screen but that's it . No window on my computer opens. I have installed the epson drivers that came with it, made the updates on epson's site, still nothing. Scraped everything and started back the install. Still nothing. I use xp with all the updates: drivers and all. When i go to ''my computer'' the letters assigned to the reader do not appear. Help anyone???
s.desj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2006, 5:00 AM   #2

have u got a card reader plugged into your pc? does the card read in that?

am trying to rule out the fact that your card is reable to a card reader, i one had one that was in camera but card reader wouldnt see it as a picture had become corupt.

dont just assume that it is the printer it "may" not be......!!

u dont say what the message is that comes up, that may give a clue

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 6:23 PM   #3

I was going to use the printer as a card reader for my pc. I got another pc in my home theater with a multi card reader installed on it. Both my secure digital and compact flash cards work on it. The message on the printer says that a card as been inserted. It's like the printer reads the card and does not send the info to the pc. The printer works fine(prints fine) so it's not the usb connection Usually when you plug a device windows opens up a window and it does not happen.Thanks
s.desj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 4:16 AM   #4

I really don't think it's intended to do that -- the card reader is for printing direct from a card without being connected to a computer.

Mine actually tells me to disconnect the printer from the computer when I insert a SD card.

In most cases you'd connect your camera directly to the computer with its supplied connecter -- much more reliable and dead easy.

Mind you, I could be wrong -- just never really bothered to try.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:14 AM   #5

I have encountered situations where a card reader worked fine until I added another USB reader. Then for some reason the original reader quit working. Changing the USB port for the original corrected the problem. It appears that there are ocaissional conflicts with USB devices depending on which port they are plugged into.
dboarder is offline   Reply With Quote