Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 1, 2003, 6:11 PM   #1

Default Canon I950 alternative paper?

I've been trying different letter size paper. Results look excellent on Office Depot Premium Glossy, Epson Premium Glossy , And Jetprint Professional. I also like canon photo plus but only have it in 4x6 size. The epson is more expensive than od or jetprint, I don't really like epson colorlife satin or great white glossy jmo. Does anyone know whether any of the above pics will last better than the other brands? These pics are only a couple days old so I'm waiting to see if any have a fading or color shift problem. If the canon pro lasts appreciably longer than what I've tried I'll bite the cost and order some online. Visually I don't see how the canon paper could look any better cause these I have are awesome! I really hope this jetprint ( the professional one with superior gloss finish) works out cause it's available locally. If anyone has any advice, I'm all ears.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2003, 11:27 AM   #2

Put you prints all under glass and leave them outside in direct sunlight and see how long it takes for them to fade. You should notice fading differences within about 1 month. Record it like science take digital pictures to and I think you could sell your study to someone.

I did'nt know epson had the color life satin out yet. You may want to consider the colorlife semigloss as well.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2003, 8:02 PM   #3

Your right Gregorson. It is the colorlife semigloss I tried. My bad. I'm going to tape them facing out in my west window. Anything that doesn't work out I'll give the kids to feed the hp. That thing eats any kind of paper
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote