Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 25, 2006, 8:19 AM   #1

Hi, I've used my UK-bought Epson R300 for 18 months without any major hitch.* But I've recently moved to Asia with a new job.* I want to use Epson original inks, but here the R300 is branded as the R310.*It's the same printer, but when I bought a complete set of 6 inks - as recommended by local dealers - my printer says it doesn't recognise the replacement cartridge (even though it's identical to the one for the R300... the serial number is one digit out).**Does anyone know how I can use locally bought original cartridges, rather than having to order them from the UK (which is what Epson told me to do)?**Would chipping new cartridges make them compatible, or would that just make the printer say they are 100 per cent full?Any help or advice appreciated.* Please:* I don't want details of how to use continuous ink systems!* Thanks.
dodgy_newshound is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 25, 2006, 8:21 PM   #2

This depends on the chips the cart mfr has used.

Some work in both 300 and 310 -- some don't.

The dealers should be well aware of this, it's no secret and many of them have export clients in Europe and Australasia, where the 310 series was sold.

I had to change the chips in my current CIS (bought from the USA) for that reason -- it didn't work in my R310.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote