Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 6, 2003, 6:17 AM   #1

Default Epson 2200 and Mac OS X

I have had a 2200 for some time and could never print a decent picture. I have spent untold hours on my own and with the highest level of tech support to figure it out. Has anyone else had problems with lack of detail, poor color reproduction, white haze, or other problems? we have changed every setting imaginable in Photoshop, iPhoto and still poor photos. Yes we have the newest driver. My concern, they have finally almos agreed, is that the print heads themselves are defective. I am interested in generating some feedback because Epson denies these issues are software related....I would be thrilled if they just replace the printer, that is what I am waiting for today.
Lenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 6, 2003, 9:24 AM   #2

Well if they are replacing the printer thats a rare issue. When I sold those Printers over the course of the year I think out of 300 sold only 1 came back and that got sold the next week. Defectives do happen thats why the warranties are there. I personally would have taken it back to the store.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2003, 10:46 AM   #3

Default 2200 and OSX

Well, frankly your response is not particularly helpful. The question is whether anyone has had issues with OSX and the 2200. The reason it was not returned to the dealer is that Epson promised new drivers to be OSX savvy and promised that the printer would work with the new drivers.

I am glad your sales record is so wonderful, but how many were to people with Macs using OSX? Are you saying no one has had OSX issues? :?:
Lenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2003, 2:46 PM   #4

Well I've had a few customers use it with Mac OS X but often times they went back to OS9x to use most of its better features. MAC OSX should have a classic mode that you can use with your 2200 to enable the better features. If the printer itself has problems it would not matter what driver setting you used. I'm sure you already went through the paper settings and everything else with Epson support. I'd also see if I could get them to send you an extra set of inks along with the printer as you have probably used 2 sets trying all the settings. They will give you one set with the printer when they replace it.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote