Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 18, 2006, 3:43 PM   #1

I have had the i 9900 printer about 1.5 years and it has had very moderate use . . . total of 50 cartridges of ink (about 8 of which were black) used. I started getting bad banding in the dark colors and ren nozzle check which showed bandas in the balck test print. I tried several regular fi=ollowed by deep cleaning also several times but no change. I went thru Canon tech help list and no change and an email from tech help said likely a hardware problem and get it to service depot.

I bought it at Henry's and went back there to talk to them. A knowledgeable guy there told me that Canon prointers were expensive to repair. He said it sounded like a print head problem.

Has anyone had any simlar problem? Any idea what a new print head might cost? DOn't want to spend too much on it as would like one of the new printers Canon is coming out with soon.

I thought maybe plugged nozzles and so I even tried printing a couple pages of solid black . . . just really showed how bad the banding was.Ddoes anyone have any other way of cleaning the nozzles? . . . alcohol in an empty cartride maybe?

Thanks,

Bob

bcorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2006, 6:08 PM   #2

check out this site,

http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inkjetstuff.html

s.
Scubastu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 8:28 AM   #3

Thanks for the info. Lots of help there on cleaning. I cleaned up the issues with the black but some very light banding in cyan, which I have subsequently cleaned up and now red . . . but getting there and cedrtainly worth the effort if I can save the cost of a new printhead so thanks again.

Bob
bcorson is offline   Reply With Quote