Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 21, 2006, 5:20 AM   #1

ok..so im another! newbie to all this printing lark.

So..stumbled upon this informative forum, and have been looking with interest at a lot of the threads relating to the canon ip4200/4300.

Intend to buy one of these in the very near future, mainly for printing dvd covers ( for all of my masterpieces! ). However - cost is an issue ( here in the UK with a mortage..your money doesnt go far - all spent on taxes and the unemployed it seems..however i digress )

So - can someone please tell me a little more about just what i can get for the £60 odd quid i fork out for this printer?The quality..will i be happy with..good near excellent..or look closely and the image/text isnt quite up to the job?

And the real biggie...the ink probs...so many threads..chipped canons, 3rd party refills!!...yadda yadda yadda...SO, how long can i expect an ink cartridge to last me...say in terms of printing a dozen or so dvd covers? I would like to think it would last a little more than that! And really, how much can i expect to pay online..for a new set of cartridges? looked on one site and saw them with delivery at being £12..which seems reasonable?

Thanks for your time, hope to hear from you all.

g
gary71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2006, 1:21 AM   #2

For the money the iP4300 is a great printer, the page yields from Canon UK site are this:

Might be less then what is stated but it will print a lot more then 12 dvd covers.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 1:35 AM   #3

http://search.ebay.co.uk/ip4300

The text is razor sharp, pretty close to a laser, the photo quality is outstanding basically lab grade. The only weakness that inkjets have and this is pretty much all inkjets I have used is that the graphics are much better on a Laser such as pie charts.

I've done a lot of dvd covers and so long as they are good quality with only a little compression such as png's then you will get excellent results. I really hate jpegs they have to much distortion. If you scan the dvd covers yourself or create custom ones make sure you use at least 150dpi, 300dpi is preferred and 600dpi is probably not neccessary.

Old Nov 9, 2006, 1:36 AM   #4

....hiccup