Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:19 PM   #1

I had clogged print head and did cleaning as suggested by a reply to an earlier post of mine and eventually got rid of all the banding. However now if I print I get red dominating especially on the lighter greens and yellowsthey are coming out decidedly red if I print on photopaper. But if I print on plain paper I get perfectly normal colors. I even tried a plain paper setting on photo paper and still got thered coloring.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob
bcorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2007, 11:30 AM   #2

Hi
I got the very same problem and I found a way after lot of work and wasted paper and ink (thanks canon :-( )

I am french so I ll translate approximately to what should be the english interface

also this is done within Win XP

first you have to go to the Printer properties and use the "maintenance" tab

then you should find a "personal parameters " (with small printer icon w/o the moon)

in this window you uncheck the [auto] "paper identification" button

unchecking it results in the following

when you check "regular paper" in the printing setup window, the driver wil not try to identify the paper but will use the regular paper profile wich gives the correct colors.

otherwise, it will detect that you use non regular paper and will apply a bogus profile that will result in greenish prints

now with the auto paper detection disabled, the printer will use regular paper profile, and it yields much better results (!) than photo paper profile.

also in the "color management" tab I selected "manual" default profile and choose the CNBJPRN2 profile as the default profile. Not sure if it is required, I have to check.

just let me know if that works for you

however i still have a big problem with CD/DVD printing

when I select the CD tray, I CANNOT select the "regular paper" , so the driver use again a specific profile for CD that again yields green printing

If someone has the same problem and found or even tried something I would be glad to hear it

Red Leader is offline   Reply With Quote