Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 13, 2003, 12:50 PM   #1
PRR

Default Help needed - which A3 printer ?

Hello

I’m a keen hobbyist and I’m looking to upgrade to an A3 printer (I currently have the Epson 870). I like to frame my best prints and hope to sell a few in the future. I also like to print in B+W. While I have some concerns over the longevity of my prints I think the timespans quoted for the 2100 are in excess of my needs and hence I’m struggling to justify the expense of this unit.

So, I’d be grateful if the learned folks here would comment on the other options I’m considering and my concerns:

1. Canon i9100 – I’ve read good reviews, but heard bad things about print life

2. Epson 1290S – how’s this compare to the i9100 ? The 1290S looks like an older style Epson printer – is it due for replacement ? I’m assuming this will be as expensive to run as my 870 with the single 6-colour cartridge

3. I normally stick with the policy of using the printer manufacturer’s paper and ink, but could the print longevity for either of the above be significantly extended by using Lyson inks and paper ?
4. How do any of the above compare to what I currently get from my 870 and Nikon 5700 ?

All advice gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Peter Regan
PRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2003, 2:40 PM   #2

The Epson Store is offering factory refurbished 2200's for $549 including a free cable and ground shipping.

These are reported to be great printers and the best black and white printer available.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote