Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 21, 2003, 12:04 AM   #11
djb

well i went out to buy.com and the epson premium glossy 4x6 paper is listed at $8.91 for 100 sheets. but, they are out of stock.
i also need a 6 color cartridge and they didn't seem to have it. even though i searched for the epson # they only came up with a 5 color cartridge. anyway, paper looks really inexpensive there. thanx!!!

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2003, 12:13 AM   #12
djb

oh boy!!! i really am a dufus!!!! the color cartridge is 5 colors. the 6th color is the b&w cartridge. hey, it's 1:10AM. whaddah ya expect.

dennis
Old Jun 21, 2003, 2:13 AM   #13

WEll as for being in stock you could go and order it from http://www.amazon.com. Personally I'd put an order in on http://buy.com and when it comes back in stock they will ship to you or notify you its in stock.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2003, 11:38 PM   #14
djb

well buy.com has some good deals but atlex.com has some better deals for all genuine new epson paper and cartridges, etc. does anyone know anything about atlex.com or done any business with them? any comments??

dennis
Old Jun 24, 2003, 10:25 AM   #15

I've personally never heard of them but thier website and ordering proccess look secure enough to try. Thanks for the link I may use it in the near future.
Old Jun 24, 2003, 2:01 PM   #16
djb

i think i might try ordering some stuff tonight. we'll see how good they are.

dennis
Old Jun 24, 2003, 8:43 PM   #17
djb

this is really a general question. but, since i have a 925 i'll ask it here. how often must these printers be cleaned and how is it done? iguess i should read the manual but, i figured it may be easier getting info from the pros.

dennis
Old Jun 26, 2003, 3:37 AM   #18

The printer should be used at least once a month. Basically all I would do would be turn it on every 2-4 weeks and don't use off brand ink if you can help it.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 5:29 PM   #19
djb

this probably belongs somewhere else but wasn't sure where. hmm, maybe photo editors? anyway, i finally got my printer connected to my pc the other day and i have adobe photo deluxe. i figured i'd give that and my printer a test drive and see what goes. well in photo deluxe i opened a file and it tells me it is a 28" x 29" (approx.) file at 72 dpi. so just for kicks i printed a test print on 8.5 x 11 paper and it was definitely cropped and would have been 28" x 29". okay, so i resize in photo deluxe for 8.5 x 11 (actually it is 8.25 x 11) and photo deluxe tells me my file is 1.3Mb but no dpi.
now the file prints as a 8.5 x 11 but it has white lines every 1/4 inch running through the print. doesn't matter if it is color or b&w.
text seems to work okay. i tried printing a microsoft word file of which i inserted one of their little picture files and it printed with lines throught the picture. i know this problem has been talked about before but, i couldn't find the forum and want to know what i can do to not print with the white lines. i am a total stooge when it comes to printing applications. thanx in advance.

dennis
Old Jun 30, 2003, 10:44 PM   #20

Printhead alginment and cleaning cycle.