Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 18, 2003, 11:17 AM   #1

Default Matte Paper for Canon i950?

I got my new i950 yesterday and the glossy 4x6 prints look great!!! That Said i picked up some of the 8.5x11 Canon Matte Paper and was unimpressed with the results. I noticed lines in some of the photos when i printed 4 to a page and the full 8.5x11 print i did on matte looked fuzzy. I'm gonna pick up some 8.5x11 glossy and see if those look good but is there another matte paper out there that prints well with this canon i950. I just used the print advisor settings for the matte paper is there better settings to use for the matte? The reason im so hung up on the matte paper is my wife likes matte finished fotos better than the glossy...

I prefer the glossy, but what do i know heh'

Don

Thanks in advance for any help. This is the nicest group of people on any message board i visit. I don't post often but that is because most of my questions have been answered in other posts.
Don Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2003, 2:00 PM   #2

The matte paper everyone seems to love is the Red River stuff from http://www.redrivercatalog.com/ Its far superior to the Canon matte paper.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2003, 9:32 PM   #3

If you want a happy in between paper I've been using Epson Professional Media Premium Semi Gloss Photo Paper. Long name but I've been getting good results from it on an i950. Your right the Canon matte is kind of lame. I haven't tried Epson's matte. It's been sitting here but everyone who needs a copy of something wants either gloss or semi gloss so I haven't tried it yet..
Red Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2003, 5:09 PM   #4
JD

Something odd must be going on. I have the expensive Canon Photo Paper Pro (glossy) and also the Canon Matte Paper. I'm so happy with the matte paper, the other day with a strong magnifying glass I compared details of the same pic with the glossy Pro and could see no difference. Framed behind glass it looks like a beautiful glossy print. My printer is a i950 by the way. In regards to settings, I just enter "matte photo paper", then after clicking on Properties I highlight the "high Quality" icon when I get to it and get perfect results every time. I guess I've had my new printer about 2-3 months and gone through 3 ink tanks so I've used it a bit, but still learning.
JD is offline   Reply With Quote