Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 27, 2006, 3:13 PM   #1

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know what the difference is between R210 and R220 cartridges ?

I am very curious because i have put them side by side and i swear they look the same.

Thank you
vvulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 27, 2006, 5:37 PM   #2

So far as I know, the cartridges are identical.

That's not to say the chips on them are, tho' -- I've not had need to find out.

Epson no longer need a new cart design for each new printer in order to make life tedious for the third-party suppliers -- all they need do is change the chip.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 3:15 AM   #3

Right i see... the reason i ask, is because i purchased a CIS System for the R210, but i was sent one for the R220 instead. After looking at it, it seemed as if the cartridges were identical, but like you said, the chips could be different.

They have since sent me the correct item, but have not advised me as to what to do with the R220 system ( i don't think they want it back because it was actually damaged during shipping ).

Anyway, thank you for the input. I would be interested to know if anyone has sucessfulllyused R220 cartridegs in a R210.

Thank you
Old Nov 28, 2006, 5:20 AM   #4

I just looked at Epson Australia's site, from which I find that the R210 and R230 use the same cartridges, so they haven't even changed the chips.

The R230 is sold as the R220 in the US -- they also use different numbers for the cartridges sold there.

About 18 months ago I bought a CIS for my R310 from the US and it wouldn't work -- I had to change the chips to get it going, so it's quite possible the one you have won't work here either.

The only way to find out would be to install it.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 3:16 PM   #5

Interesting... I have a set of empty cartridges, from which i can take the chips and put them on the CIS unit. I have a chip reseter that i can use to reset them..

I'll give it a go.. Thanks Idle.

Old Dec 16, 2006, 11:42 PM   #6

Hi guys,

Just cruising the posts and saw this one. The R230 is the AU release and the R220 is the US release of the same printer. Cartridges can be used in both. We distribute CISS units worldwide and use the same ARC chip on both. The only thing I can add is that Epson have strated producing there new printers out of the Phillipines. These new printers require an updated ARCchip or genuine chip (for those still using genuine carts and not a CISS).

Regards,

Sam Cahir

RIHAC DIgital Solutions www.rihac.com.au
Sam Cahir is offline   Reply With Quote