Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:41 PM   #1

With all the expertise available in Asia I find it amazing that chipped third party cartridges are not already on the market. Do they feel that their investment will lead to more complex countermeasures from Canon?
Now that the home printing photo market is no longer a sleeping giant it beats me as to why ink suppliers/manufacturers are letting this market slip away?

tomcinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2006, 6:10 AM   #2

tomcinoz wrote:
Quote:
With all the expertise available in Asia I find it amazing that chipped third party cartridges are not already on the market. Do they feel that their investment will lead to more complex countermeasures from Canon?
Now that the home printing photo market is no longer a sleeping giant it beats me as to why ink suppliers/manufacturers are letting this market slip away?
Chip cracks / re-setters? Who needs them!

Really not sure what all the fuss is about. I've been re-filling my ip4200 for about a year now without any problems. The re-fill kit cost about the same as one oem cart & I've still got enough for a couple of re-fills left. :-)

speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2007, 1:30 PM   #3

The big reason i bought a Canon S820 over Epson what no chips in the carts. I like Canon Think Tank System more that chips in the carts.
PhotoMenace is offline   Reply With Quote