Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 30, 2006, 12:19 PM   #1
JLB

I am pretty happy with my color prints but have never gotten a quality black and white print. I have been reading the Yahoo forum on black and white printing and printers and it seems that special inks and a special printer are needed. I am looking for a printer that I can use for color (most of my prints) and an occasional black and white that I would be proud to display. I have been using an Epson 870 and it is getting a little long in the tooth and needs some special attention to get nice print. I am looking at getting a new printer, don't need a 13x19 format, that will make my black and white photos sparkle. Please let me know your experiences. Thanks. John
JLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2006, 3:55 PM   #2

John, I've been researching this subject for months because I want to print some of my dad's b&w photographs. I bought a scanner for the negatives, and now I need a printer.

The models that have been recommended to me most often are the Epson R2400 and the HP 9180. Amazon has the Epson for about $750 and the HP for around $100 less. I've been hoping to find something less costly without sacrificing quality, but that doesn't seem likely. There's some talk about the new Canon 9500 being good for b&w, but it doesn't come out until some time in2007 and no one seems to know the price range.

Hopes this helps somewhat.

Alisande
Alisande is offline   Reply With Quote