Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 30, 2003, 2:02 AM   #1

Default Canon i950 color problem

I purchased a Canon i950 inkjet a week ago and so far I am amazed by its speed, low noise level, quality etc compared to my old Epson Stylus Photo 750.
I do have one problem, and that is that the printed photos get a slight green/blue tint (only noticable when comparing the image to the one on the monitor, which is a Sony GDM-F520 btw), i.e. the printed photo looks a bit too cold. I have created an icc profile for the monitor using Adobe Gamma.
Does anyone know if there is a way to modify the output of the i950 printer by using some driver setting or windows application (cheaper than Monaco EzColor 2.5). Is the only way to get rid of this problem to create a new icc profile, and if so, would Monaco EzColor do the trick?
The photo paper I have tried is the High resolution photo and the Glossy photo paper by Canon, and the result was the same on both of them.

I am quite new to all this so some help would really be appreciated Actually I found this forum just because I was searching for solutions to this problem using google.

Thanks,

Christian
ChristianS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2003, 7:15 AM   #2

I too had the same problem but it was because I was using kodak paper - the problem corrected itself when I started using canon paper. Good luck.
Dan Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2003, 9:03 AM   #3

try using canon's photo paper pro (pr-101) and print from easy photo-print
wayne123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2003, 9:33 AM   #4

Also give the Epson Premium glossy paper a try. Its 15 bucks at circut city for 100 sheets of 4x6 paper. Prints the same as Canon Pro paper.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2003, 10:04 AM   #5

well the MonacoEZcolor would definitely solve your problem.. check out my comparison in a previous thread...
LCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2003, 1:36 PM   #6

These are the types of paper I have tried so far:

Canon High Resolution Paper HR-101N
Canon Glossy Photo Paper GP-301N

@LCohen
I read that thread about Monaco EzColor and the result you got looks promising. I have already sent an e-mail with questions to Monacosys sales people about their product and just might end up buying a copy of it.

Since EzColor is a bit expensive I was hoping there might be a cheaper solution, but so far I have not found one. Please let me know if you know of any other color profiling application for Windows with features similar to EzColor.
ChristianS is offline   Reply With Quote