Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 8, 2007, 8:15 PM   #1

I know the 4300 is newer and about twice as fast. Is there any other difference? Is the IP 4300 worth the extra $20-$25? I'll probably buy a CD tray, if that makes any difference.

I've lurked in this forum for a few years but never had any reason to post.

LEWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2007, 11:54 PM   #2

I think they have the same print head and pretty much the same quality. The iP4300 is supposed to be faster – someone on the board got a reply from Canon that it is basically the iP5200. I had an iP4000 that I messed up and had to replace. The iP4300 doesn't seem twice as fast as the iP4000 and probably isn't twice as fast as the iP4200, which I have no experience with.

Staples had the iP4300 a couple of weeks ago for $70 after rebate and it wasn't worth messing with the iP4200 for me. I'm reasonably happy with it. Staples doesn't have it on sale this week, but someone probably will offer it with the rebate again soon unless you need something right away. The cheapest I could find the iP4200 for online was $60 and it wasn't worth the small difference to me to have a slower printer.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2007, 4:15 AM   #3

The 4300 has twice the nozzles as the 4200. I would definitely get the 4300 over the 4200 if it's only like $20 bucks more.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote