Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 7, 2007, 4:00 AM   #11

Well, finally I received the spare PGI-5 black CISS cartridge and again no luck. So I decided to replace this by a alternative sponge-based cartridge and it works !!!

I also found out the external CISS ink containers had to be raised up by about 4 cm to get the ink flow well into the cartridges (this didn't help with the old CISS PGI-5 black cartridge, which refused to supply adequately ink to the print head). Now I can finally start to enjoy my CISS system. I wonder how long I can use the black cartridge, since this one is sponge-based (problems with deteriotation).

Well, I only have to attach the valves etc.in a more properly way. This setup is just temporary.
Attached Images

pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 7:28 AM   #12

For all the money spent you might as well have bought the Pro9000.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 1:30 PM   #13

KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:
Well, the IX 4000 did cost me 258 euro + 70 euro for the CISS. The Pro 9000 cost at least 525 euro in the Benelux (VAT included). Besides: A special CISS for the Pro 9000 would force me to install 8 colour cartridges. That would certainly cost me a lot more :?. At 12 euro per cart, that would make me almost 100 euro for the complete set at once.

Well If you can supply me with a new Pro 9000 with a working CISS costing less than 258 + 70 euro for the CISS, than I will be the first one to be interested at your deal :G.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 12:32 AM   #14

pharmacist wrote:
Quote:
KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:
Well, the IX 4000 did cost me 258 euro + 70 euro for the CISS. The Pro 9000 cost at least 525 euro in the Benelux (VAT included). Besides: A special CISS for the Pro 9000 would force me to install 8 colour cartridges. That would certainly cost me a lot more :?. At 12 euro per cart, that would make me almost 100 euro for the complete set at once.

Well If you can supply me with a new Pro 9000 with a working CISS costing less than 258 + 70 euro for the CISS, than I will be the first one to be interested at your deal :G.
The pro9000 is about 270 euros here and they don't even bother selling the ix series at all so I guess we are fortunate. I wish you luck with the ix 4000 though.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2007, 6:33 AM   #15

Hi Knightcrawler,

From which country are you coming from ? Such a low price for the Pro9000 ? Wouldn't it be interesting for you to (parallelly) exportingthis type of printer tothe Benelux or elswhere ? The price I paid was almost the ultimate retail bottom price available in the Benelux (actually it was in the Netherlands: I had to drive 200 km to cross the border) ? The 525 versus 270 is almost twice as much.