Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 20, 2007, 9:17 PM   #1

Which printer would you recommend for printing on 100 lb. cardstock? I am printing approx. 3000 invitations a month. I have tried a few and some print crooked, are too slow, etc. I'm looking to spend a little more money and get a good printer now. I'm looking at the Canon i9900 or Pro9000. Do you think one of these would be good?

Thanks for helping!!
Leeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2007, 3:41 PM   #2

Both those Canon printers are very good printers---but I am not sure if they will handle stock that thick---at a minimum I would call Canon and ask a pre-sales question they will answer toll free. And the same for other manufacters websites.

But if nothing else---the printer you need will have to have a pretty well straight line paper path. Another thing, some printers have adjustments for paper thickness and others do not---but when you do printhead alignment--make sure its on the thickness stock you are printing on.

Or you could print on thin stock--and laminate that onto thicker stock to get that
proper invitation feel.
Osage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 6:50 PM   #3

Thanks! I did some more research and bought the Canon Pro 9000 today. So far so good!
Leeanna is offline   Reply With Quote