Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 5, 2007, 1:50 AM   #11

You are very right about my goals and motives, Osage.

I would be using the printer mostly for text, wich would only ammount to a few papers a week in any case. That is, until I find way in wich I can buy the A710 IS without feeling bad that I didnt go for the S3 IS.

My biggest concearn currently with the iP6700D is that it's text output is not good enough for printing legel documents and also term papers.

My biggets concearn currently with the iP4300 is that it's photo output is not as good as the iP6700D's or alternatively "Lab Quality".

My question is this - what exactly do the extra 2 ink-tanks found on the iP6700D improve?

Thnx, again!
Track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 8:44 AM   #12

To track,

Its my understanding that the two extra colors--photocyan and photomagenta
which are basically waterdown versions of those two colors slightly improve the subtle shadings or highlights in a print. Which is going to be seeable in only some but not all prints.

In terms of text quality, you might be able to call Canon if you can't find a local store
and have them send you an actual test printout from a Canon ip6700.
Osage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 9:15 PM   #13

Actually, from what im hearing from other ppl and from reviews, the extra inks iprove not only the contrast but also make the print less grainy, because instead of using a white dot, the printer can now use a lighter colored dot. This is not very noticable with the iP4300 and the iP6700D because their drop sizes arealready very small.

And about the text.. it appears that the text on the iP6700D is a little less sharp.

So i either have to believe that the iP6700D has Good enough text output, or I have to believe that the iP4300 has good enough photo output..
Track is offline   Reply With Quote