Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 1, 2007, 9:35 AM   #1

Hi, All

I have a Canon IP6600d. I have been refilling my original OEM carts with Hobbicolor inks but lately printing has not been good. I think the sponges may be wearing out. I went look for empty carts (I know they won't have chips..no problem) but can't find ANYBODY selling them. I see only one vendor on ebay selling prefilled compatibles but don't know if these are easy to refill either. What happened?? There was a few people including weink selling them several months ago...now I don't see them at all.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

DK
krnysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2007, 1:19 AM   #2

Not a good answer, but, obviously you could buy a new set of Canon cartridges and refill them until "worn out". How many refills did you get before problems?
Also, I haven't tried it, but you might be able to extract the sponges if you think that is the problem.
I have ip6700d so will be looking for same solution.
regards - tom
cary999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:26 AM   #3

There is several types of cartridge available on the net: sponge-based or spon ge-free types (the last ones don't deteriorate as the sponge-based ones do). However the sponge-base ones run smoother and with less problems than the sponge-free cartridges. Just have a try. Both cartridges are very easy to refill.
pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 12:39 PM   #4

Look on the nifty-stuff forums for posts on flushing canon cartridges (Grandad posted them I think) and you should be able to see how to revive your old cartridges as well as find out why they're starting to fail.
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2007, 11:43 AM   #5

Can anyone post a link to someone selling empty cli-8 cartidges that they used to refill successfully, even with transferring the chip from an original canon cli-8?

slk
cshel is offline   Reply With Quote