Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 8, 2003, 6:05 PM   #1

Default Enlisting Your Help on Canon S9000/i9100 or Epson 2200

I am in the process of an agonizing decision of upgrading my Canon S800 to either the Canon S9000/i9100 or the Epson Stylus Color 2200 because of the things my wife wants to do with her scrapbooks. None of the places around me have these set up to where if I brought in a disk I could run a sample.

Here is my request, if I were to provide a person who owns the Canon and another with the Epson and mail them a couple of dollars to cover paper cost, they could mail me a print of this image on Photo Paper Pro and Premium Glossy paper, respectively. I really want to see these print my images, not the manufacturers stock sample prints to help in my decision.

If any willing party would PM me, we can work out the logistics.

Thanks!

Damon
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 13, 2003, 12:47 AM   #2

I just got my i9100 and I totally agree with Steve's review. It is a magnificant printer, fast & absolutely beautiful pics. There look just like you got the from a photolab. I am using Canon Pro paper and understand that gives the best results, as do their inks.

Go for the i9100 and you'll be thrilled as well.

Karl

P.S. I checked and rechecked prices and eCost has the about the best for both printer and Canon inks among those I've used before. Page was a few $$'s less for the printer but not for the ink and they have free shipping.
kaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2003, 9:41 PM   #3

I just received my i9100 today. I was hoping to have done the comparison before my Canon arrived to make sure I made the right decision, but such is life.

I took a picture of my son that I took at the Denver Zoo 2 weeks ago with my G3, and WOW! I was completely amazed. The scene I printed had some dotting that you could see but it was from the way the background blurred giving it a film-type grain; not the printer. It took just less than 5 minutes to print a full-bleed 13x19 print. I was prepared to send it back, but NO WAY!
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote