Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:27 AM   #1

my printer is Epson R230 and resently i have problem with them my printer is troubled of load paper i am use 270 gsm paper please help me what can i do to load paper properly can i need to change any parts or please teach me how to dissasembled and assembled my printer and also sorry my very bad english
ravinarkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2007, 6:04 PM   #2

Check the paper specification for your printer here:

http://support2.epson.net/manuals/en...f_g/SPEC_2.HTM

Epson recommend 64 to 90 GSM for the R230.

My experience with consumer grade printers is that they will usually feed paper up to about double the recommended maximum, but it places undue stress and wear on the feed mechanism, so that eventually misfeeds and jams do occur.

270GSM is about card thickness and I'd be very surprised if it fed through your printer at all.

The answer, therefore, is: Don't use 270GSM paper.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2007, 10:51 AM   #3

you are right but my printer does not load any type of paper
Old Mar 8, 2007, 7:32 PM   #4

If it does not load paper at all, there could be several reasons.

1:- The timing gear has jumped some teeth (a severe paper jam can do this) and the paper is not arriving at the pickup roller at the right moment. This would need to be rectified by a technician.

2:- The pickup roller is dirty or has become glazed and is not curving the leading edge of the paper far enough for the feed rollers to grip it. Clean the roller or treat it with one of the commercially available compounds.

3:- The stack of paper is too thick — try putting in less sheets (will it feed a single sheet?)

4:- The rollers are not rotating or the paper stack is not being moved to the pickup position — again a task for a technician.

5:- There is something (shred of paper, paper clip, whatever) obstructing the paper path.

6:- Something else that I haven't thought of...
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 7:30 AM   #5

1:-The timing gear has jumped some teeth (a severe paper jam can do this) and the paper is not arriving at the pickup roller at the right moment. This would need to be rectified by a technician.

2:- The pickup roller is dirty or has become glazed and is not curving the leading edge of the paper far enough for the feed rollers to grip it. Clean the roller or treat it with one of the commercially available compounds.

this answer is correct and i am H/w engineer but i dont have r230 manual thats why i am dont do anything can u give me r230 manual ?
i am not able to pay for that at this time can u sugest any free hosting site
and i want adjustment program not ssc utility i have that please give me
Old Nov 5, 2007, 9:09 AM   #6

here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/57048381/R220-R230.pdf

download it and hopefully you can fix your printer. Please let me know what you did, because im also having the same problem... thanks!
tiborok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2007, 9:55 PM   #7

hi

i got one amesing idea for paper jam just move printer head to center of the printer and you see the two gears just put castrol super tt oil in that roller and where the paper has loded that side put some oil and take xerox paper and load and eject 4 times then u have finish the repairing of printer ur printer is now new check it problem is solved